POP UP Shop NOW OPEN15-Nov-2013
It's POP UP time... SO excited to be finally bringing this POP UP SHOP to life. For 4 days onl..
Call for Artists, Designers, Craftspeople18-Sep-2013
Are you an artist, designer, craftsperson working in children's clothing, accessories, linens, t..
New Catalogue : Wendy Roche16-Jul-2013
We have already had a wonderful response to Wendy Roche's solo exhibition titled 'The Colour of ..
Impressionist Photography WORKSHOP04-Jul-2013
Looking to forget about the rules and become more creative with your camera? Bl..
SECURE ZONE LOGIN
View past exhibitions online...
- The Colour of Light by Wendy Roche : 12 to 31 July - Wendy Roche is an Australian impressionist photographer who travels throughout the world capturing images that provoke a deep sense of mystery and mood. Her images of nature, often intertwined with human form, invoke the use of movement, colour and light to mesmerise, move and often magnetise. This limited exhibition highlights Wendy’s obsession with capturing the colour of light and showcases truly beautiful images that evoke a sense of inner calm. Follow the link to view the online exhibition catalogue.
Catalogue_Wendy Roche (509 KB)
- Feather and Buzz Pop Up: 30 November to 1 December - For two days only, come find your Feather & Buzz favourites available for purchase in store. Together with Blockwork Showrrom, F&B will be offering a colourful collection of handmade & one-off homewares and accessories displayed amongst art exhibition, ‘Surveying the Southern Downs’. These colourful works by artists Jane Donaldson, Karina Devine & Loretta Grayson are the perfect complement to F&B’s bold pieces. With a unique selection of bed covers, table textiles, beach towels, scarves, stationery and much more, where better to finish (or begin!) your Christmas shopping than the Feather & Buzz Pop Up.
- Surveying the Southern Downs: 1 to 23 November 2012 - an exhibition of works from Karina Devine,Jane Donaldson and Loretta Grayson, three extremely talented artists based in the Southern Downs Region. Jane Donaldson, Karina Devine and Loretta Grayson's work is filled with colour and positivity.
- Take 3: 1 to 21 September 2012 - Three Western Downs artists inspired by the natural environment come together to present an exhibition that highlights the extremes in nature. From peaceful to dynamic, from simple to complex, from subdued to vibrant; the work in this exhibition will take you on an unexpected journey through the outback. Patricia Hinz, Carol McCormack and Catherine Rose exemplify regional artists who are willing to push their practice and present contemporary work that maintains an undeniable outback sensibility.
- dream . create . live : 19 July to 19 August 2012 - a design showcase featuring works by Lexie Antonio, Robyn Beeston & Leah Kelly. Blockwork is pleased to showcase the work of three highly skilled artisans who share a need to create. Through illustration, beading and painting a common emphasis on design details allows their diverse work to come together in an exhibition that is whimsical yet thought provoking.
- CONSTRUCTION works by Christian Low : 1 to 24 June 2012 - Challenging the conventional, Christian Low explores composition and form to give materials new meaning within his artwork. CONSTRUCTION presents a powerful body of work which includes installation, sculpture and large scale piees that are tactile, distinctive and beautiful.
- Crossing the Divide : 2 to 27 May 2012 - Paintings by Patricia Hinz, Carol McCormack and Catherine Rose. Three experienced South West Queensland Artists who individually showcase the nature of the west. This exhibition forms part of a collaborative project developed by Blockwork and delivered through made. Creative Space.
- Photography = ART : 31 March to 27 April 2012 - Ken Ball / Linda Spiers / Stan Paynter / Wendy Roche / Barbara Hofmann - Five photographers with a passion for images that trigger an emotional response.
- 12 weeks to Christmas: 1 October to 24 December 2011 – Showcasing work of regional artists and crafts people and providing the perfect opportunity to select authentic, unique gifts for Christmas.
- Miniatures Exhibition: 9 to 26 September 2011 – Be seduced by the beauty of the regions and the talents of its artists through small scale work or ‘Miniatures’.