Showroom is OPEN all Easter28-Mar-2013
Thank you to all who made it to our special Preview Event. It was a great night and I hope you e..
PROFILE : Ken Ball25-Mar-2013
Ken Ball Moments Observed The extraordinary journey of photographer Ken Ball and his 50 years ..
Feather & Buzz Pop Up11-Dec-2012
Don't forget Feather & Buzz is online... so even if you missed the special Pop-Up event here..
NEW Limited edition items in Gallery Shop10-Nov-2012
As part of the Surveying the Southern Downs Exhibition we have some new limited edition ..
SECURE ZONE LOGIN
Blockwork - Art, Design, Interior Consultancy
Blockwork is an art, design, interior consultancy supporting excellence in regional arts practice. Through its series of ‘showroom’ exhibitions, Blockwork aims to showcase regional art and design talent, build awareness of extraordinary work being produced locally and offer an opportunity for people to purchase exciting, new work. Blockwork also offers arts consultancy services for government, corporate and not-for-profit projects.
Open all Easter
Please join us for our next special event
(rsvp 19 April e: firstname.lastname@example.org p: 0418227784)
View past exhibitions online...
- Feather and Buzz Pop Up: 30 November to 1 December - For two days only, come find your Feather & Buzz favourites available for purchase in store. Together with Blockwork Showrrom, F&B will be offering a colourful collection of handmade & one-off homewares and accessories displayed amongst art exhibition, ‘Surveying the Southern Downs’. These colourful works by artists Jane Donaldson, Karina Devine & Loretta Grayson are the perfect complement to F&B’s bold pieces. With a unique selection of bed covers, table textiles, beach towels, scarves, stationery and much more, where better to finish (or begin!) your Christmas shopping than the Feather & Buzz Pop Up.
- Surveying the Southern Downs: 1 to 23 November 2012 - an exhibition of works from Karina Devine,Jane Donaldson and Loretta Grayson, three extremely talented artists based in the Southern Downs Region. Jane Donaldson, Karina Devine and Loretta Grayson's work is filled with colour and positivity.
- Take 3: 1 to 21 September 2012 - Three Western Downs artists inspired by the natural environment come together to present an exhibition that highlights the extremes in nature. From peaceful to dynamic, from simple to complex, from subdued to vibrant; the work in this exhibition will take you on an unexpected journey through the outback. Patricia Hinz, Carol McCormack and Catherine Rose exemplify regional artists who are willing to push their practice and present contemporary work that maintains an undeniable outback sensibility.
- dream . create . live : 19 July to 19 August 2012 - a design showcase featuring works by Lexie Antonio, Robyn Beeston & Leah Kelly. Blockwork is pleased to showcase the work of three highly skilled artisans who share a need to create. Through illustration, beading and painting a common emphasis on design details allows their diverse work to come together in an exhibition that is whimsical yet thought provoking.
- CONSTRUCTION works by Christian Low : 1 to 24 June 2012 - Challenging the conventional, Christian Low explores composition and form to give materials new meaning within his artwork. CONSTRUCTION presents a powerful body of work which includes installation, sculpture and large scale piees that are tactile, distinctive and beautiful.
- Crossing the Divide : 2 to 27 May 2012 - Paintings by Patricia Hinz, Carol McCormack and Catherine Rose. Three experienced South West Queensland Artists who individually showcase the nature of the west. This exhibition forms part of a collaborative project developed by Blockwork and delivered through made. Creative Space.
- Photography = ART : 31 March to 27 April 2012 - Ken Ball / Linda Spiers / Stan Paynter / Wendy Roche / Barbara Hofmann - Five photographers with a passion for images that trigger an emotional response.
- 12 weeks to Christmas: 1 October to 24 December 2011 – Showcasing work of regional artists and crafts people and providing the perfect opportunity to select authentic, unique gifts for Christmas.
- Miniatures Exhibition: 9 to 26 September 2011 – Be seduced by the beauty of the regions and the talents of its artists through small scale work or ‘Miniatures’.